Diamond, Rhombus, and Trapezoid space all quadrilaterals, which space polygons with 4 sides. If rhombus and trapezium room properly identified in mathematics, diamond (or diamond shape) is a layman’s term for rhombus.
You are watching: Difference between a rhombus and a diamond
Rhombus and Diamond
A quadrilateral through all political parties equal space in size is recognized as a rhombus. It is also named as an equilateral quadrilateral. It is thought about to have a diamond shape, similar to the one in the play cards. Diamond form is no a precisely characterized geometrical entity.
Rhombus is a special situation of the parallelogram. It have the right to be thought about as a parallelogram v equal sides. The square can be taken into consideration as a special case of the rhombus, wherein the inner angles are ideal angles. In general, a rhombus has actually the following special properties
• All four sides space equal in length. (AB=DC=AD=BC)
• The diagonals of the rhombus bisect each other at right angles; diagonals room perpendicular to every other,
in addition to the adhering to properties that a parallelogram.
• Two bag of the contrary angles space equal in size. (DÂB = BĈD, A ̂DC=A ̂BC)
• The surrounding angles room supplementary DÂB+A ̂DC = A ̂DC+B ̂CD = B ̂CD+A ̂BC = A ̂BC+D ̂AB = 180° = π rad
• A pair of sides, which room opposing every other, is parallel and also equal in length. ( AB=DC & AB∥DC)
• The diagonals bisect each various other (AO=OC, BO=OD)
• Each diagonal divides the quadrilateral right into two congruent triangles. (∆ADB ≡ ∆BCD, ∆ABC ≡ ∆ADC)
• The diagonals bisect the two opposite internal angles.
Area the the rhombus can be calculated utilizing the complying with formula.
Area that rhombus = ½ (AC × BD)
Trapezoid is a convex quadrilateral where at the very least two sides space parallel and also unequal in length. The parallel political parties of the trapezoid are known as the bases and also the various other two sides are dubbed the legs.
Following space main characteristics of trapezoids;
• If the nearby angles room not top top the very same base the the trapezoid, they space supplementary angles. I.e. They include up come 180° (BA ̂D+AD ̂C = abdominal muscle ̂C+BC ̂D = 180°)
• The two diagonals of the trapezium crossing at the same ratio (ratio between the section of the diagonals room equal).
• If a and b room bases and also c,d are legs, the lengths the the diagonals are provided by
Area the the trapezoid have the right to be calculated making use of the complying with formula.
Read the Difference between Parallelogram and also Trapezoid
What is the difference between Diamond, Rhombus and also Trapezoid?
• Rhombus and also Trapezoid are well-defined mathematics objects when diamond form is a layman’s term. Each shape has four sides, and also diamond shape refers to a rhombus.
• Rhombus has actually equal sides, through opposing sides parallel to each other. Trapezoid has actually unequal political parties in general, v two sides parallel to every other. Just the foot of the trapezoid can be equal.
• Any diagonal of the rhombus separates the rhombus right into two congruent triangles. The triangles created by the diagonals of the trapezoid room not have to congruent.
• Diagonals the the rhombus crossing each other at right angles while diagonals that the trapezoid space not have to perpendicular to every other.
See more: Which Four Elements Comprise 96 Of The Body, Chemical Elements Of The Human Body
• Diagonals of the rhombus bisect each other while diagonals the the rhombus intersect at the exact same ratio.