If you room unable to accessibility iTunes because of “iTunes Library.itl” cannot Be read Error, you will certainly find below the measures to deal with this difficulty on Mac and also Windows computer.
You are watching: The file itunes library cannot be read because it was created by a newer version of itunes
File “iTunes Library.itl” cannot be check out Error
Users have actually reported being unable to accessibility iTunes Library native their computer system due to an error analysis “File iTunes Library.itl cannot Be Read since it was created by a newer Version of iTunes”.
This iTunes error typically occurs after installation updates on Mac and also after upgrading iTunes ~ above a home windows computer.
A straightforward fix for this error is to replace the current “iTunes Library.itl” file on your computer system with the most recent previous variation from “Previous iTunes Library” Folder.
If you are unable to find “Previous iTunes Library” Folder, the issue can quiet be addressed by renaming iTunes Library.itl come iTunes Library.old.
However, this leads to lose of her iTunes Library, which you will need to rebuild from scratch.
1. Settle “iTunes Library.itl” can not be check out Error on Mac
Follow the steps listed below to delete iTunes Library.itl record on your Mac.
1. click on the Finder icon on her MacBook.
3. In walk to Folder window, type /Users/your username/Music and click on Go.
4. In Music Folder, open iTunes Folder > right-click on iTunes Library.itl record and Rename the document as iTunes Library.old.
5. Now, open up Previous iTunes Libraries Folder > pick iTunes Library.itl record with the most recent date and copy the file to iTunes Folder.
6. Rename the duplicated iTunes Library record to iTunes Library.itl.
7. Restart iTunes on her Mac.
This must fix the iTunes error on your Mac and also assist you recoup your iTunes Library approximately the date of copied iTunes Library.itl File.
2. Settle “iTunes Library.itl” can not be read Error on windows PC
In situation of windows computer, we are unable to find “Previous iTunes Library” Folder. Hence, the only obtainable option in our situation was to disable the current Library.itl File.
1. Open file Explorer on her computer.
2. On paper Explorer screen, navigate come C:\Users\Music\iTunes Folder and also Rename iTunes Library.itl record to iTunes Library.old.
3. Restart iTunes on your computer.
Now, you should have the ability to open iTunes there is no encountering any error messages. However, as stated above, you will be landing top top a empty Music Database.
How to recoup Music Library there is no Previous iTunes Folder
If you perform not have the “Previous iTunes Folder” or any Files in the Folder, you can still settle the error through renaming iTunes Library.itl file to iTunes Library.old.
You will have the ability to start iTunes without any kind of problem, however you will not uncover your Library in iTunes.
If you are on Mac, her iTunes Library have to be at some point downloaded, whenever iCloud data syncs with your Mac.
You may need to wait as it bring away time because that iCloud data to sync to Mac, which need to hopefully bring ago your library.
See more: How Many Hours Does It Take To Replace A Head Gasket, How Much Does A Blown Head Gasket Cost
Windows customers might be able to get back their iTunes Library using record History backup or by utilizing a mechanism Restore point.